Building a computer, all comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive decided im going to get 2 8500GT's. at least for the mean time. afterall they only cost £100 for the pair and that leaves me £100 under my budget to spend on any other upgrades, including an internet subscription.

Decreasing instead of increasing. Sonic Says: Thats no good.

you just want SLI because its the latest and greatest right? because SLI is going to be useless with that config two 8500s will get the crap beaten out of them by my single agp card. SLI before could be obtained by everyone but these days its meant for people with NO budget at all. Listen to us or don't its all the same really we don't care we are here to help because in the end you're the one getting screwed, and we are all just trying to stop you before you screw yourself over.

why are you really so ****-bent on getting a SLi set up? You may as well get an X1950XT for that price that will kill SLi'd 8500GTs... But obviously you dont want to seem to listen to the people you are asking advice from, so go ahead, waste your money....

Decreasing instead of increasing. Sonic Says: Thats no good.

im saving 70 quid

you just want SLI because its the latest and greatest right? because SLI is going to be useless with that config two 8500s will get the crap beaten out of them by my single agp card. SLI before could be obtained by everyone but these days its meant for people with NO budget at all. Listen to us or don't its all the same really we don't care we are here to help because in the end you're the one getting screwed, and we are all just trying to stop you before you screw yourself over.

well ur attitude is really helpful. also if u actually visited the website and quicklinked the motherboard youll see it has NO AGP. seriously, are you an idiot? dont you get it? i cant buy a card for less than £200 which has 512mb of ram. im sure as **** not forking out £350 for something which is going to be redundant in a years time because theres no ****ing point wasting my money. £100 is fine for something which is good for the mean time I.E. i might well get an 8800 WHEN I HAVE THE MONEY. get it? because unlike you i actually earn the money im given and dont still get handouts from my parents. so go and take ur sulky teenage attitude of "we're just trying to help" and advice of "spend more money" and just shove it. your comment wasnt remotely ****ing helpful.

and anyone who goes blowing money on alienware systems is either a) someone with no respect for money or b) an idiot.

i also find it hard to take anyone seriosly when they get their 'I' and 'A' mixed up in their spelling of "Ultimate"

why are you really so ****-bent on getting a SLi set up? You may as well get an X1950XT for that price that will kill SLi'd 8500GTs... But obviously you dont want to seem to listen to the people you are asking advice from, so go ahead, waste your money....

i dont want to take advice if its just advice on spending more of my money. no ona has actually given any helpful advice such as "the processor isnt compatible". ive already decided what im buying i just wanted help identifying any problems, and as far as im concerned, having the BEST graphics card isnt my prioity if it just means going over my budget.

and im not getting an ati card. nvidia ftw.

indeed, nvidia is much better...
don't go spending $$ on an 8800 especially when your not spending a whole lot,
i'd suggest a widescreen because they are about the same price but thats just me, and an intel proccessor may have lower speed but they have higher performance, someone back me up on this for im not sure but would an e6320 be better than his current choice? (and in his price range) cuz i'm not that familier with euros

well im not sure about processors to be honest. i dont know how the performance of an AMD athlon compares to that of an intel. at the moment i have a 3.2ghz pentium 4 with 3 gb of DDR2 PC8500 ram and a nvidia 7300GS with 512mb turbo cache. the fastest game im running is half life 2 in the highest settings at 1152x768 and it runs as smoothly as you like.

back to the point, i looked around on the internet and i thought the general consensus is that AMD is much better for games than intel. anyone else got anything to say about the processor?

Well right now, Intel's Core 2 Duo processors are the best. But any AMD Athlon 64 or X2, is better than that P4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom