something simple for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

sleepyjoe

Baseband Member
hi when i delete something it does not go to recycle bin it just goes never to be seen again, how can i fix this thanks,running xp sp2

Right click on the Recycyle Bin under properties. Make sure the box is unchecked to delete the files immediately instead of moving them to the Recycle Bin. This will solve your problem.

is your drive almost full?

Do you see a folder in the C:\ drive as RECYCLER if you turn on hidden files and folders / system files and folders?

Are you signed on as the administrator and have full rights?

i amm the administrator dont know about full rights,drive is 1/4 full,were do i find C:/drive recycler thanks

start run, type in cmd
click on ok
now type in, chkdsk c: /f
press enter
now press y that you want it to happen on restart.
Restart the computer,
Let it run a checkdisk on reboot

Problems occur with the recycle bin when there is a small file error on the hard drive. Once you've restarted try what makaveli213 has suggested.

The recycle folders are well hidden.

Open My COmputer>Folder Options>View Tab.

Scroll down you will see a box that should be checked for show hidden files. A couple boxes below there is another box that says "Hide protected operating system files (Recommended)" That box needs to be UNchecked in order to see the recycle bin files.

Since you ran a chkdsk and nothing came up and you have the remove files directly the only thing i can think of is that you did that after yo already had files in the recycle bin. Have you tried to right click on your recycle bin and remove all files already?

If that still does nothing i dont see what those recycle files will do. It seems that something has gone wrong with your setup. These are the only known methods i have ever known for the recycle bin.

found recycler what do i do now ,can i tick the box as i got a warning,is there any way to reactivate it,havent looked in recycle bin for years so i dont know if i have done anything to disable it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom