computer wont boot ><

Status
Not open for further replies.

aricav05

Baseband Member
My computer cannot cold boot, when i press the power button, the fans and leds start running but nothing appears on the monitor. I don't overclock and it started happening around a month ago, though i seldom turn off my computer so i dont encounter the problem oten.

I get it to work after turning off the comp and turning on the power a few more times, but its not working now. Any ideas on how to fix it? I'm guessing its the PSU but im not sure.

I got ahold of another Graphics card so i tried switching it, and the computer booted up normally. I switched the Cards back and the computer booted up normally as well... so is it possible the problem is with the psu or graphics card?

Do you get any beep codes or anything when this happens??? It is possible that your graphics card wasn't seated in the slot completly or something...

There were no beeps at all, and I've checked the video card slot, as well as all other cables connected to the various hardware. None were loose. Once i got it running a few hours back it works like it normally would, but once i turn it off and do a cold boot the problem comes up again.

Edit: is it possible that my PSU isn't supplying enough power as it is a 350W PSU, while the minimum recommendation for the graphics card is 300W o.o;?

I left my computer on overnight and I guess it somehow restarted itself, since when i turned on the monitor in the morning it was as if i was trying to cold boot it. I also saw a notice when i booted up saying that not enough power was supplied to the graphics card or something...

will being underpowered cause the computer to not boot properly?

edit: I tested different graphics cards a few more times and it turns out that the problem occurs even if i use different cards, so the problem is not with the graphics cards. I also tried connecting my monitor to my laptop and it worked fine so i dont think the problem is with the monitor. Has anyone had a similar problem? how should I tackle this problem?

I would get a new PSU. that is probably the cause. esp since you got that error message about not enough power to graphics. replace the psu asap and see if it gets better. a failing PSU could cause damage to other components if it shorts out real bad sometimes

Ah i see, thanks a bunch. I also have another problem with my computer suddenly rebooting without notice. For example, halfway through playng a game, the screen just turns black and the computer restarts.

Does anyone have an idea of what is wrong with my computer? I tried doing sfc /scannow to check the system files but the sfc wont run. Should i try reformatting and reinstalling windows?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom