Which one of these should i get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
screw that, dont buy the ultra, save the cash to upgrade something else, just overclock your GPU to the same, or even higher clock speeds than the ultra. w/ the ultra youre basically paying the factory ~$300 to overclock it for you....which you could do just as easily.

What do you mean?what should i get then?

sorry, i wasnt specific, get the 8800gtx , not ultra, superclock or any of that crap.

When you install it, get some OC'ing software from nVidia and youll be able to OC the GPU up to or faster than the ultra 8800 version.

Just tryin to save you some money, thats all.

sorry, i wasnt specific, get the 8800gtx , not ultra, superclock or any of that crap.

When you install it, get some OC'ing software from nVidia and youll be able to OC the GPU up to or faster than the ultra 8800 version.

Just tryin to save you some money, thats all.

What wud happen if i oc'd the ultra?

the world would implode.....

haha no, you could prolly OC it a little, but since its allready overclocked, itll run hotter and therefore you wouldnt be able to OC it alot.

the 8800gtx (not ultra) although it starts at lower clock speeds, you could OC it to the same or higher standard clock speeds of the ultra.

so basically youd be getting the same product performance (more or less) for $300 less. Nvidia basically came out w/ the ultra series for:
a) ppl who have more money than they know what to do with
b) ppl who dont know how to OC a GPU, or are too lazy to otherwise.

Sounds resonable should i go with one of these
Newegg.com - EVGA 768-P2-N831-AR GeForce 8800GTX 768MB 384-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 HDCP Video Card - Retail

and use Ntune or something becuase ive never ever oc'd, plus does ocing void warrenty?

ya that looks like a good one. i use ntune, and yes, TECHNICALLY it does void warranty (im pretty sure) but they'd never know, so i wouldnt worry about it. just make sure you dont fry the gpu by setting it at reddiculous clock speeds. see what other peoples settings are at and go from there. remember to increase the clock speeds in increments.

ya that looks like a good one. i use ntune, and yes, TECHNICALLY it does void warranty (im pretty sure) but they'd never know, so i wouldnt worry about it. just make sure you dont fry the gpu by setting it at reddiculous clock speeds. see what other peoples settings are at and go from there. remember to increase the clock speeds in increments.

Hmmm, alright ill get the gtx, but can you help me out with Ntune a bit? ive used ntune for my 7950 and ive done the coarse tune that was supposed to b like 20 minutes but it just kept going and then it froze, i rebooted and it started again at a bit of lower percent and i supposed to keep letting it adjust? cuz it took alot longer than 20 minutes

i personally have never used ntune, but just from looking around,

start at core bus: 575 Mem bus: 900

and then move it up in increments to around: core bus: 620, mem bus: 940

again, i have never used this before so id do some extra research, of course run some benchmarks and make sure everything is stable....good luck.

riznarf do you use ntune or do you not? lol three posts ago, "i use ntune.." one post ago, "i personally have never used ntune"...
ntune sucks. rivatuner works much better. it is much more stable and accurate with the clock readings (with my cards anyway). sheesh...i'd use ati tool before ntune. maybe even coolbits.
you're not going to fry your card. it will lock up or artifact heavily first...and then you can be like, "maybe i should lower my overclock"..."why does my display look like s**t?" kinda things...
besides, all the current overclocking utilities have test features which will keep you from straying too far into what your card cant handle. you will know something is wrong.
you guys that dont know exactly how to answer what is being asked should make that clear in you responses...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom