PSU recommendations for 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i dont regret buying it, its super quiet, my whole computer is pretty quiet considering whats running, although the antec900 does need air filters

get the seasonic 700W i have on my pc its like 200$ bucks quiter than any psu i ever heard. It has two fans a huge 120MM one below it which blows air to evrything in the pc and a small 50MM in front of it that never turns on because it never overheats. Ever since i got this my pc got faster more stable, and it works at 80% effiency or more so u get what you pay for.

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

I didn't notice you're budget well u can get one of the smaller wattage units like the its 109$ Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-500HM ATX12V / EPS12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

Everythings the same as the top end one except the top end one can take quad sli.

get the seasonic 700W i have on my pc its like 200$ bucks quiter than any psu i ever heard. It has two fans a huge 120MM one below it which blows air to evrything in the pc and a small 50MM in front of it that never turns on because it never overheats. Ever since i got this my pc got faster more stable, and it works at 80% effiency or more so u get what you pay for.

Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

I didn't notice you're budget well u can get one of the smaller wattage units like the its 109$ Newegg.com - SeaSonic M12 SS-500HM ATX12V / EPS12V 500W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail

Everythings the same as the top end one except the top end one can take quad sli.

I'm sure it's a great PSU, but it's way out of his budget, and way too much overkill power for his system.

edit: I didn't realized you edited, but that 500 is still out of his budget. The PSUs I suggested, will do just fine for his system.

the 520W corsair PSU these guys recommended me is incredibly quiet, and so far it works great...and im talking about really really quiet, i never hear it running..but then again i have like 6-7 fans running simultaneously in the computer :/

I'm curious to know where you added the extra fans into an Antec 900.

I'm curious to know where you added the extra fans into an Antec 900.

True....I only see places for 5 fans, in the Antec 900, unless he dangles the extras, in the middle of the case or something. Or I think he meant, the case fans plus the fans of the CPU, PSU, and GPU.

yea i meant the fans for everything...it only comes with 4, i have the small northbridge in, the arctic freezer, the PSU, and then the GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom