Intel price drop.... laptops....

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnlyCurious

Daemon Poster
Sorry if this question is stupid.... but I heard Intel was going to do the price drop on July 22, 2007. So will the price of laptops drop too?? I am thinking about getting a AMD Turion 64 TL-50 laptop for $500. The sale is gonna end soon, so I was wondering if I should wait for the price drop of Intel so that maybe I can get a Intel system for $500 (not a celeron)?? or is that not gonna happen for $500??

Sorry if this question is stupid.... but I heard Intel was going to do the price drop on July 22, 2007. So will the price of laptops drop too?? I am thinking about getting a AMD Turion 64 TL-50 laptop for $500. The sale is gonna end soon, so I was wondering if I should wait for the price drop of Intel so that maybe I can get a Intel system for $500 (not a celeron)?? or is that not gonna happen for $500??

easy.... but not for a new intel laptop.. maybe one on with pentium dual-core not core 2 duo, maybe core duo.... thats all u can for 500$.. btw dont expect price drops on prebuild systems...

so when the price drop happens on the 22nd... are there both desktop AND notebook cpu's coming out?? or is it just new desktop cpu's?

On July 22, Intel is releasing new Core 2 Duo processors, along with the price drops. As far as I know, they're all desktop processors.

price drops for components don't effect prebuilt systems that much since the overall cost of the system isn't much less. The manufacturer will just get a few more dollars profit for each pc now. And most of that is lost in random costs of running a business. What would really drop the cost is when a totally new generation of cpus comes out then the previous ones drop like rocks. Thats why s939 chips and boards are so cheap now.

Intel New Mobile CPUs & Price Cut On Sept 2nd

Intel-Mobile.gif

VR-Zone : Technology Beats - Intel New Mobile CPUs & Price Cut On Sept 2nd

However, Intel doesn't need to drop the prices because there is no competition. Even the older Core Duo are much faster than AMD Turion. And Intel have recently released the Core 2 DUo's with 800MHz FSB for laptops

To bad Intel's fsb is a 10 year old architecture. My personal opinion is that sooner or later the slow fsb will catch up to them and limit their newer cpus. But thats just me.

To bad Intel's fsb is a 10 year old architecture. My personal opinion is that sooner or later the slow fsb will catch up to them and limit their newer cpus. But thats just me.

Hopefully AMD makes good use of having the upperhand at that time ;)

Intel has a lot of resources though. So when the fsb does become a bottleneck they could quickly come of with their own version of htt.

Don't worry

Intel upcoming processor "Nehalem" which supposed to come on the second half of 2008 will not use FSB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom