How much does it cost?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Da11en47

In Runtime
On average what do you think it would cost (electric bill) to leave your computer on for a day, week, month?

Me and my friends argue about this topic sometimes, when I tell them to turn off their computers when they're not using them.

Yes, I know that turning a computer off and on might not be good for the parts, but I don't notice things like that.

I usually set mine to hibernate. Uses very little power and I don't have to bother with turning it on every time I want to use it.

Depends on your area and the effciency of the PSU... You could easily save $20-$30 a year if your running a single machine 24/7 and start running it only 12.... Or much less.... And the costs add up with more machines

that's a very difficult question lol :)

I run my home server all day every day but when it's not being used, it goes into low power mode... which is kinda like hibernate i guess.... but not quite.

the rest of my computers, I leave them on during the day and turn them off when I go to bed.... but, if you have a high efficiency PSU, and your computer is not being used... it really doesn't use that much power

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom