PSU recommendations for 8800gts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dashogun

(>-_-)>
Can anyone recommend some power supply units for the 8800gts 320MB. I don't want to go completely overboard. Probably something not over 90 or 100 dollars. I'll be running two hard drives, an optical drive, ds3 motherboard, and some Ballistix 2gb DDr800 ram.

anything 500W and over should be more than enough, however don't go to cheap if you don't have to I would recommend atleast a 2year Warranty on it, I had an Aspire one that cost $49 come DOA i sent it back after having to buy one to make sure my system worked, then a year later the Aspire one died conveniently after the warranty expired.

the 520W corsair PSU these guys recommended me is incredibly quiet, and so far it works great...and im talking about really really quiet, i never hear it running..but then again i have like 6-7 fans running simultaneously in the computer :/

I don't know of NZXT's reputation on PSUs, but look at the ones I listed before. Any of those will run an 8800GTS. And they're well known names too, unlike the NZXT.

pfft NZXT is a well known name, I dunno about their PSUs, but all their comp cases get great reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom