Um...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellothar121

In Runtime
Hey, guys... I'm having some difficulties.

I've stuck everything into my motherboard, powered everything, had my older brother (the one that's built 3 PC's <_<) check everything over, and it's all plugged up. All the fans are spinning, everything. However, my "plug-and-play" monitor won't turn on.

I have it plugged in using D-Sub, and I've triple-checked the connection. It turns on, and then says "No Signal, check cable", and then the LED light goes orange...

It's a Hanns.G 191APB, and I'm using a Gigabyte GB-965P-S3, with a eVGA 7600GS, 256MB memory and 128-bit interface.

Could you tell me what the problem is, and why this is doing it? I haven't done anything in the BIOS, or installed any drivers (Which all came on CDs), 'cause I can't see what I'm doing!!! Oh, and why did the monitor come with a driver CD? <_<

Thanks!
~Ello

If the monitor has analog (d-sub) and digital (dvi) imputs it may be as simple as changing the imput on the monitor usually there is a button on the monitor to accomplish this.

I've tried every button; There's an A button (For auto, no idea what that means; either Auto-select, or auto-adjust monitor settings), and an M button (which doesn't do anything right now, for some reason.), and nothing works.

EDIT: I just tried using an older monitor, and it doesn't work, either. The LCD is indeed a plug-and-play, 'cause it works on my old laptop.

I think I need to install the drivers for my graphics card... Will a blank harddrive recognize an autoplay.inf file?

Does nobody know the answer to this, or is it too soon for me to expect a response?

I realize I might come across as impatient, but I'm really itching to get this rig working...

1. Try the analog imput (as stated above)
2. if you have one... try a different video card.
3. a blank HDD will not see a video driver, so no it won't work.
4. if all else fails... RMA your card and get a new one... sounds to me like it's fubar'd

Sounds like a graphics card issue to me also. I'd try using one you've got laying around instead of what's in the machine now to be sure. The only other thing I can think of is making sure you've got power hooked up to your card but I'm not sure if yours requires it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom