nVIDIA driver problem! Urgent

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcMe

Daemon Poster
Okay, so I was playing CS: Source and a window popped up that said I should update my drivers or it may not function properly. So I did so, followed the link, and downloaded the latest driver for my 6600GT (ForceWare Release 90
Version: 94.24
Release Date: May 31, 2007
WHQL Certified)
ForceWare Windows XP/Media Center Edition/2000

And after restarting the computer, my computer doesn't even recognize that my network card exists. I can't go on the internet or anything, I've searched through my network connections and internet options and it doesn't even say I'm connected to anything. It does say it recognizes an unknown PCI slot card, but when I try to 'add hardware', it says the software needed cannot be found. I have no idea what to do, it won't tell me what type of network card it even is.

Can anyone help? If I can't fix it, I'm going to have to restore it with a different operating system, it's ridiculous. I have some of my stuff backed up, so I won't lose all too much, but I'd lay down 80$+ more on an operating system just because a dang video card update.
Please if you can help in any way, let me know, thank you!

did you unistall your chipset drivers when you updated the video card driver? looks like you lost the nic drivers in the process. You could try to reinstall the chipset drivers from your driver disk which came with your motherboard. or if you have another computer with internet access you can download and install the newest chipset drivers.

hmm, I don't know exactly where my original software is, where would I get them online? What would I search?

Okay, so I was playing CS: Source and a window popped up that said I should update my drivers or it may not function properly. So I did so, followed the link, and downloaded the latest driver for my 6600GT (ForceWare Release 90
Version: 94.24

Hey PCMe I had the same exact problem but with my 7600GT.. Although for me, I uninstalled old Nvidia drivers.. and installed the new one the 94.24ver. and when I try to play CS again or check the drivers it still says exactly the same as it was before. I don't really know whats wrong. Anyone have any tips?

Hey guys thank you for your responses, I have a MSI K8N Neo4-F Socket 939 Motherboard I'm just not sure where to look for the network drivers :(

edit: nevermind, fixed! Thank you guys, will play CS: Source in peace tonight :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom