45nm, 32nm Intel Chips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riznarf

In Runtime
I know the 45nm's are supposed to come out sometime in September-ish....(so probably really more like around x-mas), but does anyone know when 32nm chips are projected to be released?

Moreover, are any mobos out yet that'll support 32nm?

Nehalem & - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Penryn is going to be the first 45nm processor, and it will come out on Q4 2007. On the second half of 2008 intel will release Nehalem, then on 2009 intel will release Westmere. Westmere is similar to Nehalem but it has 32nm dies shrink instead of 45nm.

In other words, the first 32nm chips will come out on 2009

wow...I'm not sure if that's even necessary, since we're going multi-core, instead of speed.

so do you think i should get a p35 chipset so i could support a q6600 and then eventually a 45nm chip, or you think i should just get a 650i plat, and then skip the 45nm gen, and get a new mobo/chip for the 32nm generation???

so do you think i should get a p35 chipset so i could support a q6600 and then eventually a 45nm chip, or you think i should just get a 650i plat, and then skip the 45nm gen, and get a new mobo/chip for the 32nm generation???

I think you're thinking a little too far ahead. It will still be a while before the 32nm arrive. Like 2 years...

I think you're thinking a little too far ahead. It will still be a while before the 32nm arrive. Like 2 years...

And then you would want a totally new build anyways. And about that thz remark. IBM came out with a chip that could do 500GHZ+ the end of last year and they estimate that it could do a Tera hertz, so it's not impossible, just not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom