Building a computer, all comments welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

murdocsvan

Web Programmer
hi my names tom and im new to the forums :)

im going to build another gaming rig from scratch using dabs.com - PC Hardware, Components, Software, Digital Cameras, MP3 Players because they're reliable and cheap so please dont tell me to go elsewhere.

gamingrigkc4.jpg

the total cost comes to £737.20 including p&p + £25 for a 1 gig stick of ram. i will then take on of the 3 sticks of ram out of my current computer and put it into this gaming rig to make a total of 2 gigs of ram at PC2 8500.

i can also get any ethernet and USB cables and power extensions from work for free, so ignore the router there.

if anyone could be so kind as too look through the list and find any incompatabilities or if you just want to tell me what u think of the rig all comments are welcome. this is only the second gaming rig ive built myself and my first experience with AMD boards/processors and SLI gpus

The 8600GT hardly seems worth it, either go for a 8800GTS for not that much more in cost or go down to a top of the line DX9 card.

yeah but i want an SLI configuration for the same reason people want dual core processors. although an 8800 might be nicer and have bigger memory i want 2 GPUs that can run directx 10.

yeah but i want an SLI configuration for the same reason people want dual core processors. although an 8800 might be nicer and have bigger memory i want 2 GPUs that can run directx 10.

If you REALLY want SLI (thr eis a thread around here somewhere stickied on the subject showing how much of an improvement you actaully see) you are likely still better off getting an 8800gts now and doing the SLI in the future. Although in all honesty, if you want that much power a single 8800GTX would prolly do it for you.

yeah an 8800 would be nice but they cost £300 or more, and im currently £50 under my budget of £800. i guess i could just buy another 7300 GS with 512 turbocache for the mean time until i can afford £300. and the bonus to me doing that is, when i CAN afford when they would have dropped in price

Very true. Lord knows prices have been cycling fast as of late and I will bet there will be at least a 50 USD price drop before the year is out on most 8800s. I still dont see teh need for SLI unless you really do have money to burn though.

yeah an 8800 would be nice but they cost £300 or more

dabs.com - Gigabyte GeForce 8800GTS 320MB PCIE DVI (GV NX88S320HBRH)

8800GTS for £182 that would kcic the crap our of the 8600GT SLi.

yeah but i want an SLI configuration for the same reason people want dual core processors

I would rather have a single core @ 6GHz than 2 1.8GHz cores. (meining that i would rather have one really powerful thing than 2 really weak things)

ive decided im going to get 2 8500GT's. at least for the mean time. afterall they only cost £100 for the pair and that leaves me £100 under my budget to spend on any other upgrades, including an internet subscription.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom