What after market cooler to get...

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i got the thermaltake big typhoon, problem is im idling at 45c no over clocking. im thinking maybe i put to much arctic silver 5 lubricant on the chip, but i didnt use that much...also the fan rpms are 1300 atm i want to increase them but have no idea how to change fan speeds. Looked extensivly in the bios and couldnt find the control...btw i have a Asus p5ne sli

45C is absolutly terrible for an IDLE non oced Proc.

It Should idle around 19C if not overclocked. Mine idles at 26C when at 3.41 Ghz

Lower room temp, take off heatsink, reapply thermal paste. A dot no bigger than a cooked grain of white rice in the center is ALL that is needed, reattach heatsink and try AGAIN!

Remember to clean old paste off first using Alcohol..

That is currently the best heatsink out there. But most people chose the Tuniq over it, because the Thermalright doesn't come with a fan and is more expensive.

well i got the thermaltake big typhoon, problem is im idling at 45c no over clocking. im thinking maybe i put to much arctic silver 5 lubricant on the chip, but i didnt use that much...also the fan rpms are 1300 atm i want to increase them but have no idea how to change fan speeds. Looked extensivly in the bios and couldnt find the control...btw i have a Asus p5ne sli

I have the same board and generic ram and stock hsf and I oc'd my pc to 3.4ghz. My idle temps when ambient temp is at a comfortable level is 37c.

One question fo those who own the Tuniq....is it quiet?

p.s. off topic but the way I put thermal paste: I have always put a very thin layer on both the processor and hsf and always have had very low temps. A year ago when I had an Shuttle Xpc case, my athlon xp-m 2400 was oc'd to 2.3ghz on air and that thing idled between 40c to 45c. Load as high as 58c. For being in that small case those weren't bad #'s

I am going to very blunt here.

There is only ONE right way to apply thermal paste...

A dot, no bigger than a grain of cooked white rice, placed in the center of the seated Proc. It will be spread by you seating and securing the heatsink..

Temps are best When it is done this way.

It had to be said...
Sorry!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom