I have some problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
you dont need to save any files they just repair them you wont lose any document or programs if thts wt your worrying about i have had to do loads of windows repairs before and i have never lost files they just repair them so ther will be no corrupted 1s

I mean when i go into the setup i can choose to install windows or repair windows, i choose install then ther is 1 partition which is 230gb which has my stuff, i forgot how to install windows over that partition. Can you tell me the steps or somthing.

oryt y are u installing should be repairing or you will lose everythin
all u need to do is press "r" to repair and choose your partiton u might not need to choose not sure cant remember. if u need more help just say but reply click as i need to take dog on walk before work

if you repair the window probably it wouldn't do that. Put your windows cd boot the computer after pressing F8 just repair the window instead of doing reinstallation.

so it will repair all the files in your present windows directory. There is less possiblilty of hard disk problem as you said you buy new one a month ago. Probably you might have some virus or malware. it is advisable to have a good antivirus and antispyware on your system

Good luck

Ok, what happened is before i could read the recent posts on this thread, i fixed my old 200gb and installed windows on that. Once i got that working i put my 250gb (it has all my stuff) hardrive in as a secondary hardrive, i tryed to open it, it didnt work, i think it said could not read image or somthing. I hadent backed up my pics and movies so i need that hardrive working so im wondering if there is some software to help retrieve stuff off the 250gb or should i try and repair it by booting off the comp with windows cd (which is what you guys have been recommending), or should i take it to a shop and pay to get them to get stuff off it, then use the warranty to get a new hd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom