Purchase Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavenderAC

In Runtime
Here is a package deal which I want to purchase and then assembly them. I am going to replace a couple things in there, please provide any advice since this is the first time I am building, thanks!!
Original package:

Asus P4P800-E-Deluxe 865P DDR400 ATA133 Motherboard
512MB DDR RAM PC-3200 (400MHz) Branded
Maxtor 120GB 7,200rpm 8MB Cache Hard Drive
ATI Sapphire Radeon 9600 256M DDR TV Out
LG 4082B DVD -/+R/RW/DVD Ram Multi-Format
Sony 1.44MB Floppy Drive
Integrated Network Card
Creative Sound Blaster Live 5.1 Audio OEM

P4 400W Case With Light

Microsoft Internet Keyboard

Microsoft Opticial Wheel Mouse

Creative Inspire 5.1 560 Speaker
CPU Choice: (Socket 478 800MHz FSB with HyperThreading)
P4 2.8E GHz $1119

P4 3.0C GHz $1175

P4 3.2C GHz $1254

Components I want to change:
Video Card -> ATI Radean 9600XT 128MB
can anyone tell me the difference between the two video cards? Which is better?
Case: Antec Sonata ATX Mid Tower w/ 380W Power Supply
Mouse/Keyboard: Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop

Questions:
- Also, does the LG DVD RW works on CDR as well? And should I buy another CD or DVD ROM Drive?
- I have no idea about the speaker, is the original one a good one? Or should I purchase something more expensive?
- Which CPU should I go for?

Thanks in advance.

Questions:
- Also, does the LG DVD RW works on CDR as well? And should I buy another CD or DVD ROM Drive?
Personally I like to have a different dvd-rom drive on a dif ide cable so they arent on the same cable, easier to install more stuff at the time or rip 2 disks, etc. The DVD-RW will burn CDR.

- I have no idea about the speaker, is the original one a good one? Or should I purchase something more expensive?
Speakers are fine for computer use. Are you going to do a lot of sound editing or an audiophile buff? If so, then you may want to look at something different.

- Which CPU should I go for?
I like the 3.0e, Prescott core does run hot but performs better. I dont think you will be disappointed with any of them though.

The XT is going to have more speed. If its that big of a deal, go for the 9800 PRO and OC to a 9800 XT ;)

Good luck

Thanks for the help!!
I am also looking to buy a LCD monitor, but I don't know which one to buy.
Samsung 173S17" Black LCD Special $533
Samsung 173T 17" BLACK/SILVER LCD Special $599
or
Samsung 152B 15" SILVER $398
Samsung 151P 15" SILVER (Porsche Design) $415

Can anyone tell me which one is best to purchase with the most reasonable price? Thanks

Go for the 17 inch, there obvoisly bigger, dunno bout the quality as i have no knoledge of LCD screens.

Definitely go with a 17". Samsungs are really great quality LCD's. I don't know about the difference between the 2. I'm sure either one will give ya years of service. I don't have one myself but mt buddies have Samsungs and they're really sweet for gaming also.

Another Question:
Is the sound card very important?

I am looking at:
Creative SoundBlaster Live 5.1 Oem $35
Creative SoundBlaster Audigy2 7.1 ZS Oem $117
Do they make a huge difference?

Well if you are getting a nice board it may have integrated sound. If that isnt what you want then either of those sound blaster's will work well. Live hasnt failed me yet, although I would like to upgrade to the Audigy Platinum for the ease of the front panel ;) Much easier to work with SPDIF and Guitar input that way!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom