LAPTOP LCD Vertial Bars

Status
Not open for further replies.

datahead

Solid State Member
my toshiba laptop just out of nowhere on the right hand side for about 4 inches, got a bunch of vertical bars that span about 4 inches in width, and whole length of the monitor verticaly....

now they flicker when i pinch the top right corner of the LCD monitor, so im thinking maybe its a wiring problem??? i don't know,

hopefully someone here can help me out

oh and i plugged in an external monitor, and it works fine, so i know it not the MB or the Video Card

sounds like theres a loose conection between your screen and the MOBO if it in warentry get i repaired if not take to your local pc shop see what they can do Btw not a diy job unfurtunatly!

so there is no possible way for me to do it myself?

Toshibas are pretty ahrd to work with in my experience and they don't usually give you service manuals on their website like other manufacturers do.
If you wanted to do it you'd have to figure out how to open your laptop up, remove the keyboard and screen, figure out what wires connect where and do what, etc. It's a lot of hassle and it isn't fun if you haven't done it a few times before.
Try googling repair instructions or a service manual for you model just to be sure you can't get one. Toshiba will service it if you're out of warranty but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom