Using a flashdrive as the pagefile?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still, I am sure things will change DRASTICALY in the next 2-4 years, I remember people saying 512mb was enough for XP and that 1GB was more for servers.... But games and programs QUICKLY changed that and brought people to 2GB..... I bet, by the time the next MAJOR os is released for people, that we will be pushing 6GB of ram.... My motherboard supports 12... LMAO

"advancedgeek" you do know that you can select a different location for your pagefile to be stored correct??? Do you even know what a pagefile is??? Anyways, yes, it is possible, on windows 98 and up, but I wouldn't recomend it because USB is slower than the actual drive, and umm yea... I always have my pagefile on a seperate HDD than the one everything is stored on... It helps sometimes...

uhh excuse me i know what a pagefile is so can you please stop thinking that i am a n00b pl0x?

Still, I am sure things will change DRASTICALY in the next 2-4 years, I remember people saying 512mb was enough for XP and that 1GB was more for servers.... But games and programs QUICKLY changed that and brought people to 2GB..... I bet, by the time the next MAJOR os is released for people, that we will be pushing 6GB of ram.... My motherboard supports 12... LMAO

yeah but then we will have ddr3 so buying it now is not necessarily a good thing even with ram prices so low... Its great for me though :D means I can buy a new 2gb of ram every couple of weeks for my server. Finally people have realised how much it actually cost me to build and are prepared to give me some cash towards improving it :):)

yeah but then we will have ddr3 so buying it now is not necessarily a good thing even with ram prices so low... Its great for me though :D means I can buy a new 2gb of ram every couple of weeks for my server. Finally people have realised how much it actually cost me to build and are prepared to give me some cash towards improving it :):)

Yeah hopefully DDR3 is mature by then because right now it sucks ***. Terrible timings and the frequencies are quite low for DDR3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom