Modding Mouse LED

Status
Not open for further replies.
there could of been many other things that killed your psu...

i know it was my keyboard because the led would fade out after idling for a while and then for a longer period of time my mouse led would start fading out as well, so i got rid of the keyboard , and the PSU lasted like another 2 weeks and then crapped out

also does anyone realize that te plastic mouse housing is red? if you put a blue led in there it will make it pinkish.....maybe im missing something.

...forest

Most blue LED's are 3v+ And they can become EXTREMLY expensive if you go with the brighter ones... Best bet, buy a new mouse with a blue LED in it, and chances are, your photo sensor won't pick up anything if you change the color... That and the surface mount resistor they use for the red LED may not let enough amperage through to power the blue, or it may (I seriously doubt this) let to much through... And 3 blue LEDS in your keyboard, won't fry a PSU, it would fry the keyboard/USB/PS2 ports. Only way they would have fried the PSU is if your stupid, didn't know what you was doing and hooked them straight to it, even then, if you used the correct resistor it wouldn't have killed it.... BTW, learn OHMs law....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom