Dma Crc Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtom1990

Solid State Member
Hey,
I recently ordered components and built my own computer. My only issue was my dvd burner failed to burn anything. Nero gave the message Dma Crc Error, so i figured it was a faulty drive and i bought a new one. Still the same error occurs, i tried it in my other computer and it works fine. After some forum searching i found that this error usually relates to a conflict in master slave jumper drives, so i did as they said and connected my new drive (an Lg GSA-H42N) as the sole drive on the ide cable and set it as master, but still no luck. I have updated to the latest firmware and im now completely out of ideas. Please help me!

You check the IDE data cable? Most source of the problem with data is that. Swap it for a known working one, make sure pin 1 is connected correctly, usually identified by the red line. Red line nearest to the 4 pin molex. Make sure no other wires are twisted around it, sources of interferences are not good. When I build a system, I usually select rounded IDE cable.

Hey thanks for the suggestions,
I finally got a new ide cable convinced that you were correct,
but there is still problems. Now it doesnt give me the message of dma crc error, instead it just sits on 1-4% and does nothing. Also once i click abort, nero freezes, and my drive wont open even after i've ended the process. Help me please!

What Windows OS? If XP, try using the CD burning feature that comes on XP or another burning software beside Nero.

You might also want to do some spyware check, Hijack log and virus scans.

Also, forgot to mention, in your BIOS setting make sure your IDE 0 master/slave and IDE 1 master/slave are all set to auto.

Ill be clicking it if its another bad drive, ill take it out and stick it in my other old computer tomorrow and test it. The worst thing is that my second hd which sits on the slave of the same ide cable is now not being detected. In the pretest startup thing (forgotten the name) the slot appears as blank and in my computer the drive is displayed but when i click on it it says it refers to a location that is unavailable. Lol i tell you what things just arent going my way at the moment, one thing after another, I'm hoping the hd isn't stuffed and that its all related. Thanks again for your help again dudes.

Ok, i stuck it in my other computer, still didn't detect, then i saw the pins were all out of place so i got some tweezers and straightened them. So now it detects the drive but it isn't able to access it, one freaking problem after another! Now when i start up the computer if the drive is connected it takes around 15 mins to get to windows, and when it does it tries to install a driver and then claims i should try to format the drive, but its a 320gb drive thats almost full and thats a lot of data i would prefer not to lose. I'm beginning to tire of this. Thanks again for your help.

EDIT: This isn't really my starting problem anymore perhaps i should create another post for it?

Thanks for your help everyone, not sure why i didn't get any replies toward the end but thats ok. I ended up buying a new hard drive and this fixed my dvd burn issue. I got all my vital info off the bad drive by using Knoppix and i highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom