Two DVD burners, I feel stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do you mean by jumper cables and what was coming loose on the mobo? You can norrow your problem down by methodicaly trying different combinations of configurations. First start by making sure both drives function. You've done that by using 2 IDE ribbons. Next put them both on the new ribbon you just bought, I assume you already did this however. Switch places (master/slave) on the ribbon. If the same drive still shows it may be a power supply problem, or at least a molex connector. If thats not how it pans out we have narrowed it down to the mobo and her bios. To go any further I would need your mobo make and model.

My motherboard model is as follows : Asus A8N-SLi Premium. I haven't gone as far as a new powersupply yet, the thing is, I've eliminated the drives function by using 2 individual IDE ribbons. One plugs in Master Primary/Slave Primary on my motherboard, with the information can you narrow down any other problems or reasons why the bios will not read the second drive as a Slave Secondary?

It was happening to me what i did is set one drive to slave and the other to master, then i used 1 ribbon with two ide connextions and connected that to my dvd drive and dvd burner and thats how i got the mobo to recognize my drives gl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom