Upgrade to BFG 7900GS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well if there was a store over here i would have gone right away...im in MN and i heard that the Frys store is in CA...im not sure how many they have.
But do you guys think that ill have any luck in still getting the card?

Do they have another make like EVGA you could go for in the same price range? Often they will substitute at request.

Looks like an odd offname brand there. EVGA or another make would go past any cheap cards. BFG the brand you ordered is up there as well.

Don't worry about what the clock speed of a 7900GS is. As long as it has an Nvidia 7900GS chip in it will overclock similar to the EVGA or other. The cooler may not be as good on it but you can always get the RX fan off newegg one of these days and that should allow you to take any 7900GS brand and hit like 600/850.

My emachines did come with a stock fan on my mobo. Would that help keep it cool. So I have a powersupply which has a fan on the bottom...i think all of them do. A fan thats attached to the back and another fan in the middle.
If i get another one im not sure where it would fit...and how much would that cost...

Looks like an odd offname brand there. EVGA or another make would go past any cheap cards. BFG the brand you ordered is up there as well.

huh? the ebay link i posted is for an evga 7900gs ko. i dont know what the clock speeds are for the bfg, but like sora said, they will all clock about the same.
mine go to 580/875 in SLI. booya.

Core Clock 525MHz (vs. 450MHz standard)
Memory Clock 1320MHz
RAMDAC Dual 400MHz
Those are from the BFG.

What do you think I could get it at withought buying additional parts. I dont wanna max it out, just enough to improve settings a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom