cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhunter

Solid State Member
hello,

i have been stalking this site for a while and now i am in need of your wisdom. my question concerns my fan running all the time and the case is warm to touch.

1.) do i need to install another fan

2.) do i need to download speedfan to monitor heat and rpms

3.) is my one and only fan not working properly. (it does spin)

Hey bhunter,
Welcome to T.F.!!

First of all what are your temperatures? What is your CPU on idle and load like? And how is the cooling in your case? Meaning, how many fans as intake and exhaust?

It would be a good idea to get speedfan to monitor the temps.

my temps are> 61c/51c/71c i have one fan and it feels like an intake; these temps are 100% usage on the cpu.

The 61c and 71c is not good. Do you know which temps, those are for? If it's for CPU or HDD? You definitely need more fans. Where is this one fan? If it's the front, it should be an intake.

Usually on the right hand section, there would be the temperatures. And before the temperature readings, there would be words like CPU, System, and HDD. So just match those numbers, with those words.

My guess is:

CPU: 61C
System: 51C
HDD: 71C

Since you only have one rear exhaust, you definitely need a front intake, to take in cool air.

i dont know off top of head, one other thing i noticed is that the fans only come on and the heat really builds up when i connect to the internet any other time it runs cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom