q6600 for gaming and OC

Status
Not open for further replies.
dat's cool. Penryn are gona be out this summer (augustish?) right? I plan on getting a q6600, maybe, or sticking with this, then at xmas getting a ds3, and a penryn. I don't know, I might stick with ddr2, because gskill could easily get the job done. penryn is 1333 mhz right?

dat's cool. Penryn are gona be out this summer (augustish?) right? I plan on getting a q6600, maybe, or sticking with this, then at xmas getting a ds3, and a penryn. I don't know, I might stick with ddr2, because gskill could easily get the job done. penryn is 1333 mhz right?

I don't think the Penryn is coming out that soon. I think the Fall season is more like it....and yes, the Penryn is on the 1333MHz FSB bus.

Well the e6600 is better for overclocking, and I think on par with the q6600 on gaming. Games are just now, hitting the multi-cores. I'm not sure on this decision. But I think I would go for the Q6600, because that is hard to pass up, at that price. The e6600 though, is still great, if you don't go for the q6600.

This is true, but I would recommend the Q6600 because think of it this way:
Right now it about matches the E6600 in gaming performance. Now imagine about a year from now when the games become more multi-core integrated and now the quad cores start out preforming the dual cores. You'll be glad you bought the quad core later on in my opinion. Plus there isn't a huge disadvantage now, it equals the E6600. So you're spending a little more money, but think of it like a small investment of the fact that the quad core utilizing games are around the corner and the extra $50-100 bucks you spend on the Q6600 now over the E6600 pays off.

It appears the newer models of the E6600 don't OC nearly as well as the first releases. That being said, I would grab a quad core after the price cut. And overclock it. Even though they don't OC as well as the Dual cores.
If you for whatever decide not to get a Quad core, then grab an E6420..

And Stick SMP On it!!!!!!!!!!!

It appears the newer models of the E6600 don't OC nearly as well as the first releases. That being said, I would grab a quad core after the price cut. And overclock it. Even though they don't OC as well as the Dual cores.
If you for whatever decide not to get a Quad core, then grab an E6420..

And Stick SMP On it!!!!!!!!!!!

lol....SMP is the first thing I'm doing, after I overclock that q6600.

ok, so the p35 mobos will support both the quad core and the 45nm chips coming out....septemberish? is that correct? If so, can someone suggest a good p35 mobo on par with the msi p6n sli plat?

i PROBABLY wont be doing SLI, im more interested in features and overclocking....i dunno if thatll change your suggestion, but I don't wanna spend more than $170 on a mobo....thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom