Help me write the Ultimate Computer bible...

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should change the Dell commandment to say not to buy a mid to high-end desktop from dell.

If your going with a low end desktop or buying a laptop they're not that bad, especially with discounts.

Dell is a crappy company in general. Theres lots of other alternatives for low end desktops and laptops, besides Dell.

I also think the fourth should be shortened to:
Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build.

we'll we could just add one and make it the 15 commandments :)

but i should change it to you shalt not buy a Dell Desktop, Dell laptops are acceptable and does not end to the sentence of Anti-Heaven, see rule 9 (may change if the orders are changed)

"In the beginning there was an online shop. And it was good. God commanded man to buy parts from the shop and to build a machine. Man worked for 6 days and 6 nights to find the best parts and on the 7th day he built PC. And it was fast."

Commandments:
1. PC building is your friend, you shall always build, unless you are being controlled by a limiting factor (aka.. You are children and your parents won't let you build)
2. Thou shalt not buy from Dell.
3. Thou shalt not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessary amount of cash on one's build.
5. Thou shalt always overclock and not fear to overclock
6. Thou shalt keep your PC cool
7. Thou shalt treat your computer with respect! As if the system was thou child
8. Thou shalt give your system a good ole' bath, clean the dust out of thy computers fan and case but don't use water!!
9. Thou shall not buy a the most expansive part, do your research, or you shall burn in computer anti-heaven, where thou shalt be tortured by Bill Gates and be forced to re-code all of what is Windows ME until it is perfect and pure.
10. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's computer
11. Thou shalt not bear false witness about thou's own computer (Khan!!!)
12. Thou shall not force parts if said parts do not go into slot, as things usually go in one way.
13. Thou shall always install thine latest drivers before posting "Oh no!! my new device is broken" on T.F.
14. If thou get a really power hungry video card, thou shall remember to plug in the extra video power before claiming that thou video card is broken.

anybody have any ideas to arrange these in order?

I think the first one should be:
Thou shall build thy own's computer.

And I edited my 4th suggestion to:

I think the first one should be:
Thou shall build thy own's computer.

And I edited my 4th suggestion to:

EDITED

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"In the beginning there was an online shop. And it was good. God commanded man to buy parts from the shop and to build a machine. Man worked for 6 days and 6 nights to find the best parts and on the 7th day he built PC. And it was fast."

Commandments:
1. Thou shall build thy own's computer.
2. Thou shalt not buy from Dell.
3. Thou shalt not skimp on thy power supply.
4. Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build
5. Thou shalt always overclock and not fear to overclock
5. Thou shalt keep your PC cool
6. Thou shalt treat your computer with respect! As if the system was thou child
7. Thou shalt give your system a good ole' bath, clean the dust out of thy computers fan and case but don't use water!!
9. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor's computer
10. Thou shalt not bear false witness about thou's own computer (Khan!!!)
11. Thou shall not force parts if said parts do not go into slot, as things usually go in one way.
12. Thou shall always install thine latest drivers before posting "Oh no!! my new device is broken" on T.F.
13. If thou get a really power hungry video card, thou shall remember to plug in the extra video power before claiming that thou video card is broken.
14. Failure to abide by the PC Bible will result in burning in computer anti-heaven, where thou shalt be tortured by Bill Gates and be forced to re-code all of what is Windows ME until it is perfect and pure.

anybody have any ideas to arrange these in order?

oh i didn't realize that... lemme fix that... edited!!!

Wait, how come you removed "Thou shall not splurge an unnecessarily huge amount of cash, on one's build."

I meant that 9 meant the same as number 4, and that 9 should be removed. IMO, 9 is too long. It should be kept simple and short.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom