dual booting with vista

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotcha. Thanks, just one last question: Is installing two OS's on different partitions inherently safer/quicker than installing on the same partition? If I install on the same partition, would both OS's share a common registry?

Gotcha. Thanks, just one last question: Is installing two OS's on different partitions inherently safer/quicker than installing on the same partition? If I install on the same partition, would both OS's share a common registry?

don't do it.

how do you guy get partition magic to work on vista? I never had any luck, but I would like to be able to use it

I installed PM on Vista with no issues. Did you install it with UAC on or no? Have you tried to use Compatability? Have you used the Run as Admin?

I have the admin account active and i use that account only working. I ahve not gotten any issue using PM.

Installing 2 OS's on the same partition is never recommended. They dont share a common registry and it could mess up your PC bad.

Also i thought there was a PM9 out there? Yet i only find PM8 everywhere. What happened? Did i miss something? I thought i had PM9 somehwere...I could be wrong.

I run the exe with XP SP2 compatability. I can run it as admin cause as stated i use the Admin acocunt to stop the **** UAC.

You can use the 2000 disc to create the partitions. Even Partition Manager can do it for you as well. No one says you have to use Vista to create the partitions. I used my XP CD to create all my partitions to prevent any problems.

But in all honesty. I have not come across the problems that the article you linked to is talking aobut. There was a few problems in the Beta Versions of Vista but since it went Final i have not heard of any issues at all.

So you have 3 methods. UIsing the 2000 disc, PArtition Manager, or the VIsta Disc. Any of these methods will give you the desired results.

Eric...here is a screenshot for you of what i am talking about. This is PM in Vista. Just right click the executable file and run it in XP SP2 compatablity. It will run then...

URL]

Full Image

http://www.pixita.com/images/545487.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom