Needing a pc.. £600 to £800

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, it has been a while. I ordered an EVGA 8800gts 320mb of scan today as its the cheapest place I could find it in stock. The rest I am going to use my dads credit card for later tonight which I will get by the end of this week.
Here is the final spec list.

Does that look good enough?

buy an artic freezer 7 cpu cooler and some thermal paste cooler temps give you longer chip life even if not overclocking

the e6600 is a worthy upgrade

you don't have an Operating system are you using linux or have you already got a windows install disk?

unfortunately I am stretching my budget to the max with this. So I cant really afford to get the e6600. I think my friend will lend me some thermal paste so that is ok.

And I got a vista operating disk already from a friend.

Thanks guys, I am going to order now and it should be here by the end of the week.

aww well i have ordered now. Im annoyed at scan computers though, I ordered the Evga 8800gts as they said it was in stock. Expecting it come early, but now they are saying that there are delays in the warehouse. I am hoping it is just a delay because they are busy, NOT because it is out of stock. If its the latter I will be pretty annoyed. Why does the EVGA 8800 gts have to be sooo difficult to get hold of!!

So you got that other crucial ram? Oh well at least you have the 650i chipset which will allow you to overclock independently of the ram.

Its built!! However no 8800gts yet so I am borrowing a 6200le off a friend for the time being just to do the job. Also i am not running vista yet. Instead I have installed ubuntu studio for the time being. Note the wire management will be sorted out once I have the 8800gts :D Now for the picys.
00002.jpg

00006.jpg

We built it in the front room and had it up in the big screen :D

I will post more once the 8800gts comes and when vista is up and running.

Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom