hiding a harddrive, how to find it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
Hello all, I am supposed to retreive a file for my dad from a G drive on his computer (i believe it is a secondary harddrive), except it doesnt show up.

when i go to boot his computer it asks which version of windows xp would i like to start up, except, the one i assume is the G drive, when i attempt to start it, it says its missing ....../.....(dot)hal or something, and restarts the computer.

do i need to modify this drive to be the slave drive to see it? if so, is there any way to do this from the windows xp operating system?

or maybe its just hidden, how do you find hidden harddrives, any ideas?

thanks a million

-drew

Kinda need to kow what it says it is missing. That way we can direct you to the fix. Just saying it is missing something dot hal wont help us help you. ;)

If the "G" drive is not the boot or primary drive, you can't boot to it. Boot to the primary drive, then browse to the "G" drive and find the file. Make sure that the "G" drive is set to slave and the main drive set to master using the jumpers if it has them.

Did you look at the contents? It may be there simply with a new drive letter. Never count on drive letters..only partition layouts :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom