Froozen at Motherboard Screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

foolygoofy

Solid State Member
Hey Guys

My computer runs on a Biostar motherboard, socket A and XP pro with 512 DDR RAM. It is a home built and for months it ran beautiful, all of a sudden I turn it on and it stays stuck on the Motherboard welcome screen. The motherboard shows you the Biostar logo and then goes to the test and then loads the OS, only that latelly it just stays where it says Biostar.

This morning I turn it on and went on to start loading XP then windows started running a test and fixing files in a blue scree with white test and said that it fixed some files and then everything loaded find. After I restarted and started loading on the XP screen but while loading XP it would restart and restart until eventually it told me to NO OS FOUND, INSERT DISC. I shut down and when I powered back up later on in the day again but it just stays lock on the Bios welcome screen now, I have restarted many times but now it won't go any further.

Any ideas?

reset the CMOS...thats the only thing I can think of. Find where your battery is and change the pins on th board to reset the CMOS. I find that when a board freezes at the logo screen a CMOS clear usually helps.

I would have to say that your Windows probably has a bad boot sector. I've used the windows XP repair console and ran the fix MBR option but I've never had any luck. You may need to reinstall.

Hey Guys

Problem solve. You were right Sora, I reseted the board and everything started working again like if nothing ever happened, the OS system went away and it is all now back to normal.

Thanks you all for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom