When I OC I get cold boot problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazieaznboi

Daemon Poster
Hello, this is really odd but when I OC, my computer can't cold boot. I press the power switch and the fans, HD, and optical drive would spin up but it doesn't post. After about letting the computer running for 5mins than turning the system off than turning it back on will make it post. However, if i leave my PC at stock speeds it boots up fine. This started happening when i reflashed my BIOS when I was hearing crackign and popping sounds from my left speaker. I no longer hear cracking sounds from my left speaker but now i get cold boot problems when i oc. is anyone having this problem or know how to fix this problem?

how much do you overclock a time? it is better to raise the vcore when you overclock but it is not necessary if you are only changing the fsb by 5-10 but for core 2 duo i get from 266 to 300 mhz and haven't raise the vcore and it is stable. So try upping the vcore bit by bit and it should be fine. Also nice arctic freezer pro there.

I was having similar problems when trying to oveclock and found that I had to underclock my ram in order to get it to boot properly. Once I had my cpu where I wanted it I would try jacking my ram back up and then it would not boot at times. I set it back to the DDR2667 I believe and it worked fine...

well, i can still boot but its hard too get it to boot. i would have to press the button like 2-4 times before the system actually boots and post

Such is a very common problem with OCed computers. But it shouldn't be a problem if you leave it on.

Which is obvious, but seriously, if your gonna keep your OC and you don't want boot problems, just leave it on and have it run SMP Folding when not in use.

If you don't wish to do so then your only option is to do lower the OC until it no longer does the stated problem..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom