Your thoughs on this graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesphipps2

Solid State Member
i have been looking for a graphics card and i only have AGP this are some of the cards i have been looking at can you give me your thoughs on them or if there are and that you recomend that i should get all the prices listed are in australian dollar

XFX GeForce 7600GT xXx Edition - 256MB DDR3 price $250-$270
or
Gainward GeForce 7600GT - 256MB DDR3 $200-$250

ahh agp... that's tight if you are a real gamer but a gamer who plays on low res and med quality might be ok for 7600gt but i think you should upgrade your motherboard if you really want to play future games in windows vista which is direct x 10. just think about the future... if you are going to game until mid dx10 era then you should buy a new motherboard and get a 8600gt or maybe 8800 gts or gtx depending on what resolution and quality you play. if you are budget tight then i advise you to save up money and if you really can't wait then get a 7300gs and upgrade your motherboard and graphic card in the future.

PS. Oh and i forgot... the new graphic card which were the 8 series 8xxx are all pci express cards so make sure you buy a pci express 16x slot motherboard or else you would waste your money buying another motherboard.

ok not very helpfull 1 i dont play many games and im not upgrading to vista for a long while till all the problems are sorted then ill probably i will upgrade my pc cause its kind Sh*t right now

so why waste the money by dumping into an already crap machine? if you dont game than why do you need a good agp vid card at all? just save the money for a whole new build.

i currently have the evga 7600gt and its alright for now. It will not be able to max out all of the newer games coming out. If your not an extreme gamer then dont bother spending that much money on that AGP card.
Im not exactly sure how much different the AGP is from PCI E but you would be better off buying a new mobo even if ure not planning to game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom