Status
Not open for further replies.
A mod also has to put up with a lot of BS from members who insist that they do not have to abide by the rules.

Its not like you've ever had to deal with any BS from any members here now is it? Especially with those simple little things called red cards. That would never happen here on TF.:D

Just a few questions...

What has to be done to become a moderator? Is there a certain post limit?

Do you have to be a contributing (paying) member?

I don't really know what else to ask - I am interested to see what has to be done to become a mod.

Thanks!
1. you don't ask to become a mod, unless you can show that it's because you actually want to help the forum be a better place

2. obey the forum rules, use common sense when posting etc. (also, it's important to understand the reasons that the rules are in place)

3. actually want to help the forum be a better place, rather than just wanting to be a mod, because you like the status etc..

4. Mods are not chosen because of post count.

5. Mods are chosen, so it's not up to you, unless you are asked by the admins. Currently we are not looking for more mods.

6. Being a mod is not a right, and some would say it's not even a privelage. See #3.

7. If you want to be a mod because you like the status etc, then you probably don't know what being a mod is about.

Well said, Apok, well said.

Being a mod ain't glamorous at all. It actually creates quite a headache at times, especially in other forums where people know you from here. I get my being a mod thrown in my face a lot elsewhere, and am accused of giving out infractions on a whim a lot... those who know me know better. There are many times I would literally LOVE to ban someone, but I will not do it because they have not crossed enough lines.

The mods we have here at TF care about TF. That is the foremost requirement, and it is the most important one to boot.

I know what it's like being a mod and it's hard to do as trotter said you have to use alot of judgement and try to stay impartial, especially when it comes to banning some one or restricting there access to some threads.

I am just glad to have mod's like trotter and Apokalipse who are both fair and are spot on when it comes to enforcing the rules, deleting spam and pointless threads when the see them.

Good work TF mod's and keep it up!

lol i always thought Larry was dmo224...... i wouldn't be surprised to see Sora or b1gapl or Makaveli or Warez Monster to be a Mod sooner or later....

ya b1gapl is a nice guy.. really helpful... but i doubt he would take it.... hes more like me with the "I'm in the forum to help ppl"

b1gapl is a nice dude he helped me chose the case I am going to buy, he would be a excellent choice for a mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom