Question about upgrading in general

Status
Not open for further replies.

Limbo

Solid State Member
I'm in the market for a brand new mid-range gaming pc, and I'm hoping that after this I won't have to buy a new rig for a while. So I want something I can upgrade gradually.

Whats the single greatest factor in the upgradability of a pc? Is it the motherboard?

If so, that means that the more I spend on a motherboard here and now...then the longer it'll be until I have to buy a new pc, correct?

Thanks!

any decent am2 or 775 mobo will last you for some time. no need to go to a specifically quad core supporting mobo unless you find a great deal on one. in which case, go for it.

personally I would go with a good overclocking board like DFI I have had mine for almost 2 years, and have not been disappointed I have recently upgraded to a dual core amd and I like to overclock my 7800gt so that I can play modern games on high settings while getting great frame rates. also I would recommend although it won't really be necessary for a while, maybe getting a rig that supprots atleast 4gig of ram which is most

DFI aren't too recommended any more becuase there have some sick overclocking boards out right now. Most 650i and P965 boards will support quad-core and 1333 FSB. If the specs don't say they do thats because most likely the company has not made a BIOS update yet to allow for it.

If you really want a good board that supports everything and overclocks well then get a new P35 chipset. The DS3R is cheap and is very good while the P5K Deluxe is expensive but the best board ut right now probably.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom