Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^WORD^^
SLI isnt useless....only if you pay for a new card retail...then you're just a sucker.
i got my 2nd 7900gs for a pittance. and lemme tell ya...the eye candy is definitely worth it if you find a kick a$$ deal on your second card.
but as far as peformance increase, i got about 40% or so, depending on the app.
i need to get me a rippin new monitor, i dont feel like i am getting all i could be out of them.
but for now...IT ROCKS.

not to mention it looks pretty cool if u have a side case window.....

yeah i have a whole SLI system and know how it works, and i've been waiting for the day i get my apple 30" cinema display where i will buy another 6800 ultra (or was it gtx?), but i didnt really understand why there were so few cards supporting it....

...now i remember why i hate newegg's "guided" search :)

topic solved :p

o snap just found a duplicate of my card on ebay for 8 bucks - IM FINALLY GOING SLI FOR CHEAP!! :D

WOOT! you'll have the performance of mabye a ATI x1300 or nvdia 7100GT in no time! make sure your power supply is good enough.

i guess you need something more like a 2x7800gt(x) to play at 2560 x 1600 "comfortably", but these leadteks are nice overclockers :lol:

with sli you need both at the same speed right?

so if one sucks and doesn't oc worth crap then you have to limit the other one

correct. just cross your fingers that they both overclock well. i lucked out....my second one can overclock waaaaaaaaaaaaay past my first one (which was still pretty high), so i got the "long end of the stick" if you will.

i heard there is quad sli which i think is 2 cores on 1 gpu which costs the double on a card so if you are to get 2 8800 ultra quad sli then you are paying 830 times 4 which is 3320... definately not worth it because no game out there demands that much graphics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom