Best motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^wow....that's going to be an awesome build. You might want to consider going for a Tuniq, because it will do a better job at handling the heat output of the q6600, than the AF7 Pro.

the ultra is just a gtx with a better cooler. i think ur forgetting they r comparing a xxx o/c ultra at 675/2300 with a gtx at 575/900. if u say had a stock gtx o/c at 640/2000 there would be less difference, maybe 5 frames depending. now if u were comparing a stock gtx with a stock ultra (612/2160) there would be minimal difference making the ultra a waste of money.

edit: just remembered core is at 685
No, it's not. There is more to an Ultra than just a better cooler.

^wow....that's going to be an awesome build. You might want to consider going for a Tuniq, because it will do a better job at handling the heat output of the q6600, than the AF7 Pro.

I don't know. I thought about the Thermalright 120 Ultra (I have the plain 120), but I read that the Tuniq has made some motherboards bend because of it's size and weight, mainly weight obviously. But, I have a whole month to tweak this thing so I could change my mind on the cooler. Everything else seems to be set for me though.

I don't know. I thought about the Thermalright 120 Ultra (I have the plain 120), but I read that the Tuniq has made some motherboards bend because of it's size and weight, mainly weight obviously. But, I have a whole month to tweak this thing so I could change my mind on the cooler. Everything else seems to be set for me though.

A lot of people here, have the Tuniq, and I haven't heard that yet.

A lot of people here, have the Tuniq, and I haven't heard that yet.

I forgot where I read it.
Also, I did see a review where it performed the exact same, if not of lesser quality than the Thermalright XP90C. Now to the 90's advantage, it is made of copper which obviously dissipates heat better. Even so, it's cheaper and looks more promising.

I am still considering the Thermalright 120 Extreme as well. I'll keep looking through reviews and comparison charts to see which seems to be the best cooler.

the ultra is gona come down to 600, so scratch that gtx off of your list, add an ultra, because in sli it gets 15 more than gtx in sli. its only 40 more...

By then the GTX will be sub $500 and I'd buy it over the Ultra. Plus, the price drop for Nvidia will come long after the price cuts from Intel on the 22nd of July from what I hear. I already considered doing that, but since it shouldn't drop by the time I purchase the rig, there is no point there. But even if it does drop by then, the GTX will be cheaper as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom