Best motherboard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to be another 70 days before that can happen. I'll be ordering the stuff in the next couple of days, but I am currently deployed so having a friend put everything together so that I know it works and will be coming home and OCing the heck out of the system.

I have a question. I was looking at the Gigabyte product page to see the memory that this motherboard supports and the list was suprisingly limited. Is it really this limited or should it support other memory including the following?
Newegg.com - G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Retail

Thanks in advance.

Yea...they should work together. Probably the greatest set of memory for the money...ever.

I want one so bad now...I have not heard one bad thing that matters about most of the new boards yet. They are all supposed to be AMAZING overclockers...usually hitting around 500 FSB easy with no voltage change...and at that price? Pfft I just made 160 bucks in the past days working (summer job heh) and I will be buying one and selling my old board for 60 bucks as soon as I get my paycheck.

I want one so bad now...I have not heard one bad thing that matters about most of the new boards yet. They are all supposed to be AMAZING overclockers...usually hitting around 500 FSB easy with no voltage change...and at that price? Pfft I just made 160 bucks in the past days working (summer job heh) and I will be buying one and selling my old board for 60 bucks as soon as I get my paycheck.

well its an intel.... so i assume its a good overclocker......

So I think I finally decided on a rig! I'm going with the Gigabyte P35-DS3R and the Cooler Master Stacker 832 (from the other post).

Obviously, I'm waiting for the July 22 price cut, which also gives me more time to collect more money to be more comfortable after spending $2k on a rig. I'm really excited about this rig as a whole, but especially using the switch to use between this rig and my old rig.

I also might purchase a 500GB internal HDD and put those 3 hdds in, Raid 5 I believe? Something like that where two are in Raid 0 and one backs those two up. I'll figure something out. This way I get the speed of Raid 0 but also have the reliability of having everything backed up on another HDD.

Attachments

• July22.jpg
    July22.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 16
  • July22_2.JPG
    July22_2.JPG
    31 KB · Views: 16
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom