Sli

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommyboy123x

Daemon Poster
i spilled water on my video card today and almost had to buy a new one and i realized i hadn't seen anything about SLI... in a year or so

is that still.... idk a "current" technology being developed / manufactured?

All i see on newegg are a bunch of 7x00 sli cards and one double slot sli 8800 BFG card

is newegg just choosing to not stock sli cards though? as far as i can see they only have 3 or 4 since the past year

SLI is only worth it, if you play at extreme resolutions, like 2560 x 1600. Other than that, forget about them. You're paying 100% more, for just a 15-40% increase in performance. Which isn't a good trade off.

wait... u can't buy SLI cards... u have to buy SLi Capable cards... and if u want to go to Sli Mode, buy 2 (make sure they are sli ready, and make sure u have the sli bridge and sli ready mobo [ one with 2 PCI-e slots]) its better for high resolutions

yeah i have a whole SLI system and know how it works, and i've been waiting for the day i get my apple 30" cinema display where i will buy another 6800 ultra (or was it gtx?), but i didnt really understand why there were so few cards supporting it....

...now i remember why i hate newegg's "guided" search :)

topic solved :p

o snap just found a duplicate of my card on ebay for 8 bucks - IM FINALLY GOING SLI FOR CHEAP!! :D

^^WORD^^
SLI isnt useless....only if you pay for a new card retail...then you're just a sucker.
i got my 2nd 7900gs for a pittance. and lemme tell ya...the eye candy is definitely worth it if you find a kick a$$ deal on your second card.
but as far as peformance increase, i got about 40% or so, depending on the app.
i need to get me a rippin new monitor, i dont feel like i am getting all i could be out of them.
but for now...IT ROCKS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom