Raptor Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
which mobo do u have, because some mobo's don't have RAID support and u need to buy a RAID PCI Device...

raid 1 is where one backs up another right? im guessing u thought u were doing raid 0 and got half the space?

raid 0 - 2 disk become 1 - faster but if one drive dieds loss all data
raid 1 - 2 disk have same info on so if one dieds thorw it out you still have all your data

there are loads more and loads of combinations eg raid 10 - 15 etc google basics raid arays for details raid 0 -6 are the comman ones

Basically Raptor is more faster than 2 HD in Raid 0 but Raid 0 offer similar performance for a cheaper price unlike Raptor that are high in cost.
Another thing remember that If you are going to do Raid 0 you better be careful storing important "data" in the HD because if one of the HD fail you lose the data for sure.

hmm my friend wants to get a 10k rpm Raptor n i thought it was kind of dumb to get a faster HDD when he can buy a 7200.10 rpm from Seagate. Forgot to mention to him that his 2 80GB HDDs can be RAID 0, if his mobo supports it.

my friend really wants to have a 10k Raptor n i have no problems with it, it's his money. Although, his primary 80GB HDD is showing about half of it is detected n the other half is gone or wont read it *long story*, so much about RAIDing his 2 80GB HDD's.

sry if i invaded this thread lol :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom