Raptor Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eric1

In Runtime
So I was thinking of getting one of those Western Digital Raptor hard drives. I have a SATA at 7200 RPM, but I was wondering how much of a difference it would be to have a Raptor at 10,000 RPM?

maybe a couple of seconds in load times... come in handy for video stuff and CAD, raid is cheaper

It would probably be cheaper to get another HDD (exactly the same as the one you have) and put them into Raid0. Doing this you would effectively have one 15,000rpm drive.

^No...Two of his hard drives in RAID 0, is close to that of a 10k rpm drive. IMO, raptors aren't necessary. For only a couple of seconds faster loading time, you'll spend so much more, than just getting another hard drive, or RAIDing them.

^No...Two of his hard drives in RAID 0, is close to that of a 10k rpm drive. IMO, raptors aren't necessary. For only a couple of seconds faster loading time, you'll spend so much more, than just getting another hard drive, or RAIDing them.

yep what i said b4.......

So you are better off by doing raid because you are going to end up with the same performance and more space.

Ok. I actually have 2 SATA hard drives so I guess I will RAID them and see. Thanks for all your speedy replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom