HDD Space

Status
Not open for further replies.

ernld

Beta member
I have windows vista installed on a 12 gig partition and recently its been running dangerously low on space. I've deleted all unecessary files, compressed and run disk clean up but it still keeps filling up.

Normally I would extend the C drive from the space on the rest of the HDD but for some reason I am unable to resize either partition. Tried paragon partition manager, partition magic and disk management in vista but none of them will let me resize.

Any ideas?

Is there a way to run fdisk without booting from a floppy disk?

FDisk doesnt recognize NTFS.

I am surprized you got Vista installed on 12 GB. On the install it even shows that you need at least 20GB to isntall.

So basically unless you want to format and add more space you will always run out of space. The only thing you can do is move some of the system folder over to another partition. Like for the Internet Cookies and temp files. Other than that a format and re-install are your only options.

I previously had it on a 30gbyte partition and it had storage problems, now I enlarged it to 70 gigs as I already needed to do my first Vista format, Oh yes. I've done about 35 formats in XP in the three past years that I use a pc. I had once before installed Vista Ultimate. I don't count the RC2 format because it was inevitable.

35 formats? That is all. I have had more than that. Of course being a beta tester i crash my PC more often than anything. I have had over 200 isntalls done in the past 2 years. that is fun wasting the days away with applicaiton installs and backup retrivals. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom