Alternitives to Norton's Ghost

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
Is there any alternitves to norton's ghost.

I have been using ghost for about 10 years now. I am currently using the version 10. Although I like some of the new features, like not having to reboot into DOS in order to clone or image a hard drive. There are some things that I don't like about it.

1. Software Activation. This is a real pain as my copy of Ghost is on a PC that I use to clean virus and test hardware. So it gets formated and changed around alot.
I have all ready needed symantecs assistant on activating my copy of ghost for the 4 time, and this is only being used on one PC at any time.

2. They have reduced the fuctionality of being able to clone hard drives. Before I could clone hard complete harddrives in 1 operation. Now it only clone hard drives on a partition by partition basis. I can work around this, but can be a bit of pain when one of my clients has 3 or more partions. And lets not forget Dual Boot or Boot Magic.

Anyways, I need some suggestions please.

drive image 7 from powerquest. ghost is based off of it, but it's a better version

Is there any alternitves to norton's ghost.

I have been using ghost for about 10 years now. I am currently using the version 10. Although I like some of the new features, like not having to reboot into DOS in order to clone or image a hard drive. There are some things that I don't like about it.

1. Software Activation. This is a real pain as my copy of Ghost is on a PC that I use to clean virus and test hardware. So it gets formated and changed around alot.
I have all ready needed symantecs assistant on activating my copy of ghost for the 4 time, and this is only being used on one PC at any time.

2. They have reduced the fuctionality of being able to clone hard drives. Before I could clone hard complete harddrives in 1 operation. Now it only clone hard drives on a partition by partition basis. I can work around this, but can be a bit of pain when one of my clients has 3 or more partions. And lets not forget Dual Boot or Boot Magic.
Anyways, I need some suggestions please.

I have Ghost 10 and for anything to do with help for it I am a member at the following site - They only deal with Ghost so are pretty much the best experts around for dealing with queries.

Radified Community Forums - Index

Hope this helps.

kind regards,

how do you do that? I want to learn how to do a network install

Each version of imaging software usually has a server version that you can purchase to do network imaging. I know for sure this is ghost server and acronis server.

At my office we use Altiris to image computers. Microsoft SMS (new version is called SCCM) also does the trick as well as the new WAIK toolset for deploying vista.

Each version of imaging software usually has a server version that you can purchase to do network imaging. I know for sure this is ghost server and acronis server.

At my office we use Altiris to image computers. Microsoft SMS (new version is called SCCM) also does the trick as well as the new WAIK toolset for deploying vista.

do anybody have a basic guide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom