9800 Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinrichisgod

In Runtime
I'm waiting for such games as Everquest II, Doom 3, Half Life 2, and all the others that are going to be awesome in the next few months. Will I be able to max out the settings with the 9800 Pro or will it not be enough....I'm about to upgrade my card and was wondering about this. Thanks.

It will most likely be enough, either way, you should wait, because A- You'll find your 9600PRO enough and save a lot of money, or B- You'll find it is not enough and will have saved a bunch of money due to price drops.

The 9600 is a very good mid range card and you should be able to play those games without toning down too much of the special effects (most likely resolution to 1024 X768 will do the trick) with your CPU and memory.
The 9800 would be better depending on your budget. Get a good 256 M since new games are starting to take advantage of it. (Beware of those companies who put in 256 of the cheap stuff since the card ends up being worst than 128). A little more money would get you the XT while quite a bit more will get you the X800

well I guess I"m going to wait till around sept. when EQII will be released to see how the 9600 pro adds up and by then, like water said, prices will have dropped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom