dvi or vga?

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
what is the big difference between these two? is there much of a quality difference? the reason i ask is because i might by this lcd from a guy for a decent price and it is vga, but i have an 8800 gts, so i dont know, will the 8800 run a vga monitor? will it work OK?

what is the big difference between these two? is there much of a quality difference? the reason i ask is because i might by this lcd from a guy for a decent price and it is vga, but i have an 8800 gts, so i dont know, will the 8800 run a vga monitor? will it work OK?

as far as i know the 8800gts has dual dvi, and it comes with a dvi to vga conenctor unless u got an oem video card..... choose which ever then

Dvi = digital
VGA = analogue

digital signal doesn't degrade over time whilst analogue does so if you have a monitor that is 10metres away from your actual computer desktop then the vga signal would of degraded so your image quality would be worse. For general desktop use though there is no visible difference between the two in real life terms. my 8800gts came with two converters for dvi--->VGA

yeah but when it gets to the resolutions where you have to go digital the picture is pointlessly small unless you have a large screen and then if you want that size screen and that resolution then you have lots of cash so probably don't care that its a digital connection anyway

As Zmatt says, higher resolutions can be a great advantage, if you have an HD television, such as the Samsung LNT2356 or similar models, you can have one HUGE desktop. I think there highest display is 1600x1280???

I can get DVI cables that hook into an HDTV right.

Yup, they sell monster DVI to DVI cables for roughly 140 dollars, DVI to HDMI cables are a bit more, but niether transfer sound which is the only downside but its a huge display. also, what model t.v do you have, that will determine if you use hdmi ports or dvi.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom