P4 Computer just not booting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zero1424

In Runtime
ok i built a p4 computer for my brother a while ago, it sucks ass because we where on a budge of <$300 at the time.. well heres the specs:

Shitty generic case. came ****ing DENTED in the mail. but its small and the two fans(1 side, 1 exaust) seem to keep it cool.

Pentium 4 1.7ghz 478pin(yea, the cheaper one)

terrible "syntax" motherboard for p4 (SiS chipset)

256mb elixer pc3200 ram

60gb "platinum" drive 2mb cache

550w P/S

HP CD-RW + HP CD-ROM

Radeon 9200 (my old one)

Ok its worked fine(not to mention slow) since we built it, and now today it just wont start up. When I press the pwer button, fans turn on, you can hear the annyoingly loud cd drives, and if you put your ear up to the HD i think I can hear it spinning(barely). The motherboard must be on, because the optical mouse light turns on. We tried to see if the monitor is dead, and switched it, it is not. Maybe its the video card? I'll try that and post back

just swapped with a Radeon 7000. Still not working. Oh, and I forgot to mention... it does not post.. but then again I'm not sure if the PC Speaker ever worked(though its plugged in correctly)..

im confused..

reseat the mem and CPU... also check for any bent CPU pins... guess you've pretty much already reseated the vid card (the newer MBD are VERY tight to fit sometimes).

Reseated both. The CPU seemed messed up.. It didn't have thermal paste on it, I took a pic of what it looked like b4 I put some Arctic Alumina on it.

heres pic attatched
attachment.php

its not really discolored like that.. just camera messed up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom