Need Help for wireless Gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

no_Wedge

In Runtime
I am living in an apartment which provides free wireless internet, but only my laptop has a card. I was wondering what are the best cards for gaming for a desktop, and also wondering if a Router can pick up signals from another wireless router, so that I can connect my ps2 online also? I am looking for good performance and will probably buy a higain antenna too.

you do know that by using unprotected network anyone who is on the network can find any detail about you by intercepting your websites so they then have access to your email account....... oh look you have bought tickets for a plane journey now they have your name and contact details and possibly your bank details ending in identity theft and you bankrupt.........

It may sound pessimistic but its true just like mobiles you can every text, call, mms intercepted by the average guy on the street if he looks it up for a bit

plus wi-fi is horrible for gaming...... lag.... large chance of ur connection going out....

I know wi-fi isn't secure, I was just asking if I bought a wireless router so I could connect both my ps2 and computer to the wireless lan provided by my apartment? plus with a hi gain directional antenna it would be just as fast as dsl, besides sudden possible drops in connection.

I know wi-fi isn't secure, I was just asking if I bought a wireless router so I could connect both my ps2 and computer to the wireless lan provided by my apartment? plus with a hi gain directional antenna it would be just as fast as dsl, besides sudden possible drops in connection.

eh... ok.... just don't go cheap on ur Router ok? get one with a good firewall, because otherwise its easy get hacked... and also remember to secure ur wireless network..... u know ssid's, network keys etc etc

btw routers are to use for ur own internet as in u buy dsl hook up the rotuer to the dsl's provider's modem.... what u want is a wifi card......

or a you could be fancy and buy like a £50 pc with extremely low specs i.e. windows 98 and make a hardware router so the **** computer connects via a wireless card two the building network. You then share the internet connection through your own network and make private access keys and just fill the crap pc with a zonealarm and if anyone does try and hack you on the buildings network they're going to get the crap pc and not your nice new hardware

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom