is this a good pc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ollithemagicbum

In Runtime
hey, i'm new here. i don't know if i can ask this but is this custom pc im gonna get in a few months good for a couple years? when the q6600 gets its price cut in july, i'm thinking of getting that. is the q6600 worth it? my budget is around 2K. any suggestions/comments would be nice. :D sorry...the pic is to big.

computer-1.jpg

Itd be alot better with XP Pro or Media Center INSTEAD of 64 Bit VISTA. :p
Not to mention it would save you some cash..

Also Save yourself even more cash and get a 2 Gig set of G skill HZ. Much Cheaper, same or better Performence.

I dunnue when the price drop will occur, but I hear its soon, so you might want to wait and grab the proc you mentioned..

With the cash saved from making those changes you could get another Burner, or a back Harddrive.

Wheres the heatsink?

Tuniq tower, Thermalright ultra 120 extreme or Scythe Ninja/scythe Mine

Look for same products on zipzoomfly, might save more cash.

Don't know if the speakers are actually good or not, and I think the ram is pricey. If you can you should buy from Newegg.com

i tried newegg, but all of the stuff is more expensive. i wanna be ready for dx10, although its early. i'll check out the g. skill HZ right now.

i forgot about the heatsink. zalmans are good right?

Then get the 32 Bit version of Vista. I mean vista is a can of worms as it is, but then you want the 64 Bit version, and wow that scared me..

Then get the 32 Bit version of Vista. I mean vista is a can of worms as it is, but then you want the 64 Bit version, and wow that scared me..

lol..is there any differnce between them. i know that the 32bit does something with 1gig of RAM but i read that the 64bit doesn't. they are the same price on tigerdirect, so i figured i'd get the 64bit.

64-bit isn't thaaaat bad anymore... And I haven't had any problems with Vista (32) yet. No point in getting XP nowadays if you have to buy it imo since you'll have to upgrade soon anyways.

Difference between em is 64bit is more futureproof then 32 since it allows software to run in 64bit but barely any supports it yet and 64bit can support 4gb+ of RAM while 32 can't.

edit: Prebuilt systems are way more expensive then self built ones and Velocity Micro is even more expensive then most prebuilts.. So yeah.. They have good service though.

yeah let me know how it turns out, another manufacture to consider is cyberpowerpc.com velocity is better quality though as the manufacture there own cooling and power components in house. ive bought from both companies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom