Better Proformace?

Status
Not open for further replies.
OCing is over-rated in my book.

The major problems I see with your system are mainly RAM and the video card. as others have said. If you're trying to do something complex with that card it's pointless.

In the end the best solution might be to turn off options in the video settings of the games. Even the most expensive cards and computers still can't play most of these new games on max everything with 30+fps... the games are designed with the future in mind.

The major problems I see with your system are mainly RAM and the video card. as others have said. If you're trying to do something complex with that card it's pointless.

In the end the best solution might be to turn off options in the video settings of the games. Even the most expensive cards and computers still can't play most of these new games on max everything with 30+fps... the games are designed with the future in mind.

Getting performance better then a $1k cpu for $200 is overrated? K.

But on topic, you really can't do much in games with that GPU no matter what you do or how good the rest of the system is so your only choice is really to upgrade. OCing you processor won't do anything and you cant OC integrated graphics so yeah... Only thing that might help is defragging your hard drive, cleaning your registry etc. if you don't do so already but that won't do much either.

Getting performance better then a $1k cpu for $200 is overrated? K.

But on topic, you really can't do much in games with that GPU no matter what you do or how good the rest of the system is so your only choice is really to upgrade. OCing you processor won't do anything and you cant OC integrated graphics so yeah... Only thing that might help is defragging your hard drive, cleaning your registry etc. if you don't do so already but that won't do much either.

or $100.....

but ya..... if u can get that 2.66 ghz to 3.6 and u technically have an EE Pentium D, wihout the unlocked multiplier.... jk jk

i would consider getting a new good pci-e card now, and then start saving up the dough to get a core 2 duo..... assuming that ur current socket 775 mobo supports it....

Mine gets 60Fps on Rainbow Six Vegas, which isnt very old.

Go for a 6600GT or 6800GS for a Gfx Card. Upgrade RAM.

As stated getting a CPU for 90 bucks that can beat out a $1000 chip stock is overated? Or getting a card that is 150 bucks and making it faster than a 200 buck one? Not overated.

You just have to plan your system to overclock and everything will be fine

You just have to plan your system to overclock and everything will be fine

Not always the case.

Overclocking is beyond noticing predominant errors. An overclocked system can seem very stable, kill on a CPU test, but then cause so many unpronounced errors that after a period of time the system is put into a state of disarray.

To me overclocks shouldn't be more than a slight percentage of the original speed, at which point most of you won't even notice the difference anyway. In other words, near pointless.

I will give you that the new Core architecture is pretty kickass for overclocking [and might finally get me to change my stance]. But I wouldn't trust a D overclock past the point I could throw my old Trinitron.

Anyone know how I can get better performance, because in my games I only get 20-30 fps (framed per second).

First up, defrag. Use something besides the Windows defragger, though. I use O&O. There is a free version and a paid version. the free works, but it isn't automatic. The paid runs in the background and defrags as needed. you can actually get 0% fragmentation with it.
|MG| Free Download - O&O Defrag 2000 Freeware Edition 3.5.562
|MG| Free Download - O&O Defrag Professional Edition 10.0.1634

Speaking of running in the background, kill any unneeded background apps. Use MSCONFIG (Google it) and uncheck whatever you don't have to have.

Download and use a couple of spyware scanners, just in case. I recommend Spybot and Ad Aware. I also use Windows Defender. All are available on MajorGeeks.

Run a virus scan. if you are using Norton or McAfee, ditch 'em and get something that works and is not a resource hog. I am using Nod32 and it is sweet. I have also used CA, and it is great, too. AVG and Avast work, but I don't use 'em. Double check your virus scan with an online checker. TrendMicro has a good free online scanner.

Not always the case.

Overclocking is beyond noticing predominant errors. An overclocked system can seem very stable, kill on a CPU test, but then cause so many unpronounced errors that after a period of time the system is put into a state of disarray.

To me overclocks shouldn't be more than a slight percentage of the original speed, at which point most of you won't even notice the difference anyway. In other words, near pointless.

I will give you that the new Core architecture is pretty kickass for overclocking [and might finally get me to change my stance]. But I wouldn't trust a D overclock past the point I could throw my old Trinitron.
Oh, really? Read.

X-bit labs - Cheaper Core Micro-Architecture: Core 2 Duo E4300 CPU Review

kthxbye.

I have a laptop that is almost 2x as worse and outperforms this one.

Mobile Intel Pentium 4 CPU 3.06GHz
382 mb of RAM
ATI mobility 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom