Question regarding loading OS on HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howlz

Baseband Member
Anyways, I'm going to make a long story short, and say my laptops hard drive wasn't working, and I replaced it. Now the only reason I have confidence in the replacement is the fact that the BIOS menu is showing that the HDD is detected. Now comes my new problem. I attempt to use the restore disc, and it will start going and then it will say (random file) could not be uploaded or it is corrupted then I press a key and it restarts. Any idea about what I could do?

Hello! I'm pretty sure it's not the CD or the drive. See, one of the disadvantages of Recovery CDs is hardware changes. If a user purchases a system, then over time replaces or upgrades components in the system, the recovery CD may fail to install drivers for the new hardware. Remember that the Recovery CD contains a complete copy of the entire contents of the hard drive in its factory default state. Computer manufacturers provide the recovery CD so that the end user can quickly and easily restore their system to its factory default. To make sure this is the issue, borrow a Windows CD from anybody or purchase one and try installing it; you should be able to complete the installation. If not, there's something wrong with the Drive. Post back with results or more info so this can help to others with similar problems. Good Luck!

hmm, didn't even think about that, but it makes sense!

come to think of it, i bet that's what it is, it's happened to me a few time :)

are you sure you have plugged in your hard disk correctly? if not it will have problems and maybe it will damage it. also make sure other components are not failing like ram.

eh, It really doesn't sound like RAM, and if his HD wasn't plugged in correctly, he wouldn't have gotten as far as he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom