RAM question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

Everything to Nothing
Is RAM with blocks on both sides better than RAM with blocks on one side?

Since sided dimms are generally value memory and have more use on older boards at this time. The better quality value ram as well as performance memory with the faster timings there will be the dual sided type. The boards seen in older HPs, Dells, and other makes would often be limited to the single sided dimms and not support other types. Depending on brand the dual sided is usually the best while older DDR memory was often single sided.

lol, exactly what eyecpc said, but in shorter words, most of the time.

:)

Although I'm pretty sure they just put it on the other side for more storage :D

could be wrong though.

Either way, it's better, more memory is better as well :D

so RAM with memory blocks on both sides is better than RAM with memory blocks on one side?

Single sided dimms are simply value ram and are basic memory and can't be mixed with dual sided DDR memory. It was a lower value memory even seen with good makes like Corsair. DDR2 memory now seen is pretty much all dual sided even with the value ram offered. Even dual sided DDR value ram offers a better value then the old single sided technology.

cool coz i now have double sided ram in my pc for the sake of it, i swapped my single sided ram with double sided ram

Single sided dimms were mainly seen on the older AMD Atholon and Intel boards are more or less the lower end value memory used when those came out. For better value and performance and of course later upgrading to a newer build dual sided is pretty much the standard now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom