Walmart computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikemar1

Baseband Member
hey, I was wondering about this new computer Wal-mart is selling. The new Dell one. Would this computer be worthwhile for someone who isn't into gaming. Right now I have an athlon xp 2800 with a k7s7ag mobo and 40 gig hard drive and the drive is pretty full and slowing down. I thought about buying this Walmart one( the amd dual core 3600) and giving my old rig to the kids. Would this computer be a significant improvement over my current one, or would I just be wasting my money?

you would be better off.. Building a PC. if u don't wanna build then i guess walmart be a ok choice.. but building would save you alot of money.. its sad what they want for their Junk in the case.

I know everyone says to build your own, but trust me that is way beyond my abilities. I have enough trouble with ram and graphic cards. I don't have the time, patience or expertise to try to build my own. I would just end up frying the comonents and buying a new one in the end, while wasting hundreds of dollars.
Would the new computer be upgradable in the future? I don't want to buy a new 'puter and end up having to replace it in a year or two.

You can simply buy all the parts. and everything and bring it to a local Computer store.. they will put it together for you.. for a small fee... and yes it should be upgradable.. but HP and Dell like to make their stuff hard to get to.

building is not only better because its cheaper but also because the components are more reliable, it allows you to control every aspect of your pc in terms of hardware and software, its near impossibe to go wrong you can't physically put the card/cable in the wrong slot as they just don't fit

If you really wanted a prebuilt then the Compaq is fine. It's good enough for the money and it's better than a Dell at any rate. If you've got the knowledge, though, you can build a better computer for the same amount of money. You'll also have the advantage of having higher quality parts and being able to choose exactly what gets put into it.

I know everyone says to build your own, but trust me that is way beyond my abilities. I have enough trouble with ram and graphic cards. I don't have the time, patience or expertise to try to build my own. I would just end up frying the comonents and buying a new one in the end, while wasting hundreds of dollars.
Would the new computer be upgradable in the future? I don't want to buy a new 'puter and end up having to replace it in a year or two.

Beyond your abilities? I didn't know a screwdriver was so hard to use...

I'm not a big "Do-it-yourselfer" but if i have the tools handy and a good guide to go by, then i usually do my own work.

I installed my own intake on my car, which in a 300ZX is a lot harder than a civic.

Most people think computers are waaaaaay over their heads. but it really isnt. the manuals that come with the parts are very good, and we have tutorials here too. heck we can ever pick out the parts for you to order and then help you assemble it and install the software, over the net of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom