wireless problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrdwstfll

In Runtime
so today my wireless decided not to work, no really it did. Everythign was working fine this morning and then it didn't work. I didn't touch anything. The computers in the house find the network but get no connection. The LAN works, just not the wireless. The set-up for the network is this, next door is our business where the modem, a router and a few switches are. There is a cable the runs under ground to the house where it is connected to a switch. Connected to that switch is a belkin wireless router. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Jared

So any computer connected to the switch that is connected to the AP still works? At least this helps us understand that the connection to the your business is fine. Is only 1 computer connected through the AP? If others, do they have the same problem? Open up command prompt and do ipconfig /all, what's the IP address you get is it 0.0.0.0 or 169.xxx.xxx.xxx?

Do you know any other people in the neighborhood that have a wireless connection? You can try changing the channel or frequency on the AP, used a wired computer to configured it.

yes... any computers hooked up with a cable work fine, i tried changing the frequency and that didn't help.

the ip address is 0.0.0.0 etc.

thanks

Try to turn off any firewall you have running on that computer.

Then check that the wireless adapter is installed and functioning properly in Device Manager.

Then check that the DHCP client is started in start>run>services.msc

Run winsock xp WinSock XP Fix download and review - fix XP internet connectivity from SnapFiles

Remove your wireless setting and redo it again (enter SSID, encryption, etc) in the properties of the wireless card/wireless tab if you use Windows wireless management.

IF you IP address is 0.0.0.0
this mean the machine is not getting IP address from the internet router,
because the WiFi is not set to give IP addresses for example...
ipconfig /all - the other pcs.
see what ip addres they have.. and make your pc same network ID
lets say 192.168.0.2 is on of the other pc
set Static IP to your net card, to 192.168.0.15 / 255.255.255.0 / router . ip. address .
make sure for internet you set the ipaddress of the router to your ROUTER in the network card configuration window...

Also I had this problem beffore, where a long underground cable was
eaten from some peredator with 2 teeths.
the cable las not cut , but the isolation was off and the receve cable was
touching the transmit... the you get 0.0.0.0 and no packets goes up or down..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom